1. ‘Syed Mahbub Murshed (The First Chief Justice of Bangladesh)’ Gold Medal Award for special contribution on Education from the Supreme Court Ayinjibi Samiti, Supreme Court, Dhaka on 16 January 2017.
2. Atish Dipankar Gold Medal 2016
3. On the auspicious occasion of the last Victory Day a celebration ceremony was arranged, when Dr. Rahman, an educationist and economist was honored for his contribution in social activities.
4. As an educationist and economist, Dr. Rahman was awarded a “Padak” as declared by the Honorable Information Minister, Government of Bangladesh.
5. Awarded Ph.D. Scholarship during Eighties to go for higher studies in the USA.
6. Received a Cash Performance Award in recognition of sustained high level performance of official duties (1991) at USAID.
7. Received Ph. D. Dissertation Award (1986) at Vanderbilt University, USA.
8. Received Award for standing first in the first class in Honors Examination (1973) at BAD in Bangladesh.